Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Teacher Expectations

To begin, homework. Since in my last blog I discussed the importance of homework I thought it would be appropriate to begin this blog about teacher expectations dealing with homework. I would expect all students to complete the assigned homework complete and best to their ability. I expect my students to do their homework and not the parents, grandparents, aunt/uncle or an older sibling. I do not expect my students to do every assignment completely by themselves because I believe students are going to need help from parents and such.

Next, classroom expectations. I would expect a good amount from my students. Some would include: respect for eachother, good behavior, hard work and such. I believe each student should try their hardest in the classroom.

I believe that what you expect from your students will reflect what you get out of them. If you do not expect a lot from one student or believe s/he is incapable of completing something, then that student will perform to the low standard you expect him or her to. To get good results out of your students the teacher has to put high expectations into their classroom and students.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you Erica, I blogged similarly about expectations because I believe that a teacher should have high expectations and a number of expectations for all his/her students because the more you believe in and expect from a student, more often then not, you're going to see an improvement in or your expectation met by that student.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you both! Teachers should expect the most from their students so that students will want to reach these expectations!

    ReplyDelete