Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Rubistar

Rubistar--what a wonderful website! Before this module and a discussion in Dr. Luongo's Teaching Language Arts class, I never know such a site existed. I always dreaded the thought of making a rubric because I would think, what do I put in a rubric? How do I word it? What should be the difference between excellent and average? Ahhh, the confusion. Now, after being introduced to Rubistar, I know I will not have a problem making rubrics. I even plan on using them quite often! I do believe rubrics are great for assessing students[and also having proof if you as a teacher are questioned].

At first when I started looking through Rubistar I thought it only allowed you to create rubrics. Then, in class[Dr. Luongo's Teaching Language Arts] she showed us that you can also find already made rubrics! I love this website! And I think every teacher who hasn't been introduced to it is at a complete disadvantage![And I also feel bad for them because they still are going through the trouble of creating the perfect rubric!] Thanks Dr. Luongo for introducing us to this website!

3 comments:

  1. You are welcome.

    In my opinion, this is an absolutely necessary site for any educator!

    Thanks and congrats on creating a terrific rubric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Erica!
    Nice post I totally checked out this site and fell in love with rubistar I believe it is an excellent teaching tool and I will use this in my future classroom!
    Nice Job!
    Kris Kinneer

    ReplyDelete